Ottawa IPv6 Summit - Website
post conference description
post venue information (need confirmation)
post twitter/facebook details
block sign-up for now
Website Development setup
We have a staging setup for the website development.
Here is the complete index: http://devel.ipv6summit.ca
The source code is tracked in git. The git repository is accessible here:
* full: email@example.com:ipv6summit.git
The git repositories are managed using gitosis. That's the last URL, that gives you
We have the following branch naming structure:
* master - pushing to the master branch publishes the code on the main site.
* $DEV/* - private name space for a given $DEV.
* $DEV/devel - pushing to the user's devel branch publishes the code on their devel*.ipv6summit.ca site.
NOTE: Only Ian and Bart have write access to master. Everyone else can test on
their devel server, and then ask Ian (or Bart) to merge the changes in.
Here is an example interaction:
1 $ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ipv6summit www.git
2 $ cd www.git
3 $ git config remote.origin.push master:refs/heads/bart/devel
4 $ vim foo.php
5 $ git add foo.php
6 $ git commit -m“fixed spacing in foo”
7 $ git push
Naturally step 1 and 2 need only be done once to get a clean clone. Step 3 sets up the default branch you can push to, otherwise your push will go to master (which fails for everyone except the integrator).
Subsequent development would following these steps:
1 $ cd www.git
2 $ git pull
3 $ vim foo.php
4 $ git add foo.php
5 $ git commit -m“fixed spacing in foo”
6 $ git push
Where step 2 syncs local files with the server's published code.
If you have problems with Git contact email@example.com; for help with other site stuff contact Ian.
===== Software Considered =====
* requires hacking source, lots of nice features though – ian
* Open Conference System
* suggested by aidan, this is my preference so far – ian
* suggested by dave0, registration not included?
* suggested by dave0, documentation is difficult to penetrate – ian
* posed by ex-expat, module for civicrm - registration, reg confirmation/receipts, participant roles/info
* there is a moneris plugin for payment processor, which handles $cdn, but gpl status is unclear