wiki:BoardMinutesApril2013

Version 2 (modified by rgb, 16 months ago) (diff)

Post minutes.

OCLUG Board meeting

Date: 2013-04-24, 19:00 Location: RGB's house

Agenda

  • Committes
    • User Group Connect
    • Volunteers
    • L3GO
  • Servers
  • Finance Report
  • AGM, Election
  • Update board of directors with Govt. of Ont.
  • Other Business

Attendance

  • Richard Guy Briggs
  • Rob Echlin
  • Scott Murphy
  • Aaron Wilcox
  • Ian Gorman

Regrets

  • Mike Kenzie

Absent

  • Cody Somerville

AGM meeting breakout group topics

  • CLI
  • Photography (rgb, igorman, jnash...) (morphed to something else...)
  • Linux Games
  • User questions
  • What do we do this coming month?
  • What SIG topics
    • VirtualBox gotchas
    • Citrix xen donation
    • Open source alternatives

Committees

  • Volunteers
    • Meeting 18:00 on April 4th @Shopify.
    • 2-3 people showed up to be helped. 8 people showed to help.
    • There was much discussion. It seemed to help those asking.
  • User Group Connect
    • Outstanding account to settle with Scott.
    • Outstanding invoices paid for Rob, Commissionaires, cleaners.
    • Rob will provide a report to the OCLUG board.
    • The web site updates are still pending.
  • L3GO
    • The last meeting happened April 1st with 8 people attending.
    • The next meeting is May 13th at Red Pepper Thai-Viet (434 Bank@Gladstone) for 18:30.
    • RGB heard back from Marc Lord, sends regrets he is over his head.

Servers

  • Mailing lists:
    • 14, many not in use, many not visible
      • linux
      • oclug-board
      • photography-sig
      • linux-novice -- repurpose this list for the volunteers committee
      • mailman
      • oclug -- deprecated, 1-2 messages per month
      • oclug-announce
      • oclug-events -- merge with announce
      • oclug-test
      • oclug-www
      • oclog-www-errors -- disable, redirect to oclug-www
      • offtopic -- disable
      • ottawa-school-of-it ottawa/pythian tinkpen, mcr, rthurkal -- disable
      • sysadmin
  • tux was turned back on over Easter to retrieve a couple more files for iAN and Rob, then shut off again.
  • Following up on the April 2012 meeting, a utilities payment is due.

Finance Report

  • Nothing to report.
  • Aaron has volunteered to be treasurer.

Other Business

  • AGM:
    • Cody Somerville volunteered to join board.
    • Member list was updated. RGB will get it from Scott.

Meeting adjourned at 21:40.