wiki:BoardMinutesJuly2013

Version 1 (modified by rgb, 9 months ago) (diff)

New post

OCLUG Board meeting

Date: 2013-07-31, 19:30 Location: RGB's house

Agenda

  • Committes
    • User Group Connect
    • Volunteers
    • L3GO
  • Servers
  • Finance Report
  • AGM, Election, Membership lists
  • Update board of directors with Govt. of Ont.
  • Other Business

Attendance

  • Richard Guy Briggs
  • Scott Murphy
  • Aaron Wilcox

Regrets

  • Rob Echlin
  • Cody Somerville

AWOL

  • Ian Gorman

Committees

  • Volunteers
    • Meeting 18:00 on June 6th @Shopify.
    • It did happen.
    • Next meeting 18:00 on Tuesday August 6th, @Shopify
  • User Group Connect
    • Rob will provide a report to the OCLUG board. Still pending.
    • The web site updates are still pending. Scott will take care of that.
  • L3GO
    • The last meetings happened Monday June 10th, July 12 with 6 people attending.
    • The next meeting is August 12th at Red Pepper Thai-Viet (434 Bank@Gladstone) for 18:30.

Servers

  • Mailing lists:
    • 14, many not in use, many not visible
    • this was not fully dealt with last month, new email sent to address.
      • linux
      • oclug-board
      • photography-sig
      • linux-novice -- repurpose this list for the volunteers committee -- password changed for Aaron
      • mailman
      • oclug -- deprecated, 1-2 messages per month -- disabled
      • oclug-announce
      • oclug-events -- merged with announce (redirected)
      • oclug-test
      • oclug-www
      • oclug-www-errors -- disabled, redirected to oclug-www
      • offtopic -- disabled
      • ottawa-school-of-it ottawa/pythian tinkpen, mcr, rthurkal -- disabled
      • sysadmin
  • Following up on the April 2012 meeting, a utilities payment is due.

Finance Report

  • Nothing to report.
  • Aaron has volunteered to be treasurer.
  • An annual financial statement is overdue to the membership.
  • We need to go in to update signatories.

Improving meetings

  • Meeting format review
    • breakout group pre-announcements
    • have topic leaders direct the discussion
    • lightning talk
  • add regular board meeting item to review future meeting topics

Other Business

  • AGM:
    • RGB received membership list from Scott.
    • Cody volunteers to audit the letters patent and by-laws.
    • RGB will get copies of the letters patent and by-laws from MCR.

Meeting adjourned at 21:01.