wiki:BoardMinutesMay2014

Version 1 (modified by rgb, 5 months ago) (diff)

Paste from text file

OCLUG Board meeting

Date: 2014-05-29, 19:15 EST(-5:00) Location: RGB's place Agenda

Review of previous minutes Committee reports Shopify has informed me that we will not have the space next Thursday, Shopify hacker days will be pre-empting the space Linux in the Wild 2014 Outstanding items from previous meetings New business Adjournment

Approval of agenda Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesJanuary2014? Committees and events

User Group Connect Volunteers L3GO

Finance Report Membership list Government of Ontario "compliance? letter Other Government of Ontario items? Speaker pool/etc. (this is an issue with a lot of groups) Other Business Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda Update on action items from last Board meeting Upcoming meetings Business arising from the Board meeting Business Continuity Plan (Panic book revision)

Attendance

Richard Guy Briggs Scott Murphy Aaron Wilcox Kelly Kendrick

On IRC

Ian Gorman

Approval of agenda

All in favour

Approve Last meeting's minutes

Minutes not transcribed yet.

Committees

User Group Connect

Scott reports can't make plans yet until we see new Shopify venue Scott may defer web site to Brenda Scott sent details of domain renewal expenses, will actually request payment. Scott got info and contacts for rest of committee from Rob.

Volunteers

Nothing has happenned. Next meeting 19:00 on Thursday June 5th, 2014, @Smoque Shack

L3GO

The last meetings happened Tuesday May 13th. 6 people showed up. (RGB, IEG, RK, AP, AM) The next meeting is June 10th at Red Pepper Thai-Viet (434 Bank@Gladstone) for 18:30. RGB still needs to ask for L3GO web site and mailing list from OCLUG.

Finance

Aaron will get cheque to Scott for UGC domain. RGB to submit expenses for corporation status updates from the Ontario Government. Change to monthly statements?

Membership list

Scott can send a scan of updates from AGM to RGB.

Government of Ontario "compliance? letter

RGB will send update to board of director's list to gov.on.ca

Speaker pool/etc. (this is an issue with a lot of groups)

Since Shopify bumped us and we have no speaker, we'll go to:

The Smoque Shack, 129 York St, Ottawa, ON K1N 5T4, (613) 789-4245 BoFS and Beer. We'll reserve one wall of tables.

Scott tried to ditch biglumber listing for OCLUG at OPL, no reply. Soctt will talk to Kenn Hussey from Puppet Labs for a talk.

Linux in the Wild

Sunday July 13th, 13:00, weather permitting.

There will likely be delegates from the Ottawa Linux Symposium <linuxsymposium.org> in attendance similar to past years. Cold pot luck, drinks will be supplied.

Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda

Business Continuity Plan (Panic book revision)

Need to know whether or not tuxbis will be virtualized. Scott has a recipe for this (blueprint) RGB: should fire up 2nd v20z and install identical O/S for reference.

Update on action items from last Board meeting

Thank Cody.

New business

Next board meeting: Wednesday June 25, 19:00, IRC

Meeting adjourned at 20:57.

Action items

Scott: Wait on Shopify new space for UGC. Scott may defer web site to Brenda Scott will actually request payment for UGC domain. Scott will update media about next meeting and volunteer time and LitW. RGB to ask Scott for wiki access update. RGB still needs to ask for L3GO web site (wardi) and mailing list (Scott) from OCLUG. RGB to submit expenses for corporation status updates from the Ontario Government. Aaron to change to monthly statements? Scott can send a scan of updates from AGM to RGB. RGB will send update to board of director's list to gov.on.ca Soctt will talk to Kenn Hussey from Puppet Labs for a talk. RGB: should fire up 2nd v20z and install identical O/S for reference. RGB: make decision about Virt framework. Scott: Thank Cody.