wiki:BoardMinutesMay2014

Version 2 (modified by rgb, 4 months ago) (diff)

Format

OCLUG Board meeting

Date: 2014-05-29, 19:15 EST(-5:00) Location: RGB's place

Agenda

  • Approval of agenda
  • Review of previous minutes
    • Jan 2014 (IRC)
    • April 2014 (IRC)
  • Committees and events
    • User Group Connect
    • Volunteers
    • L3GO
  • Finance Report
  • Membership list
  • Government of Ontario "compliance? letter
  • Speaker pool/etc.
  • Linux in the Wild
  • Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
  • Update on action items from last Board meeting
  • New business
  • Next board meeting
  • Meeting adjournment
  • Action items

Attendance

  • Richard Guy Briggs
  • Scott Murphy
  • Aaron Wilcox
  • Kelly Kendrick
  • Ian Gorman (IRC)

Approval of agenda

  • All in favour

Approve Last meeting's minutes

  • Minutes not transcribed yet from IRC for January and April.

Committees

  • User Group Connect
    • Scott reports can't make plans yet until we see new Shopify venue
    • Scott may defer web site to Brenda
    • Scott sent details of domain renewal expenses, will actually request payment.
    • Scott got info and contacts for rest of committee from Rob.
  • Volunteers
    • Nothing has happenned.
    • Next meeting 19:00 on Thursday June 5th, 2014, @Smoque Shack
  • L3GO
    • The last meetings happened Tuesday May 13th. 6 people showed up. (RGB, IEG, RK, AP, AM)
    • The next meeting is June 10th at Red Pepper Thai-Viet (434 Bank@Gladstone) for 18:30.
    • RGB still needs to ask for L3GO web site and mailing list from OCLUG.

Finance

  • Aaron will get cheque to Scott for UGC domain.
  • RGB to submit expenses for corporation status updates from the Ontario Government.
  • Change to monthly statements?

Membership list

  • Scott can send a scan of updates from AGM to RGB.

Government of Ontario "compliance? letter

  • RGB will send update to board of director's list to gov.on.ca

Speaker pool/etc. (this is an issue with a lot of groups)

  • Shopify has informed mus that we will not have the space next Thursday, Shopify hacker days will be pre-empting the space.
  • Since Shopify bumped us and we have no speaker, we'll go to:
    • The Smoque Shack, 129 York St, Ottawa, ON K1N 5T4, (613) 789-4245
    • BoFS and Beer. We'll reserve one wall of tables.
  • Scott tried to ditch biglumber listing for OCLUG at OPL, no reply.
  • Soctt will talk to Kenn Hussey from Puppet Labs for a talk.

Linux in the Wild

  • Sunday July 13th, 13:00, weather permitting.
  • There will likely be delegates from the Ottawa Linux Symposium <linuxsymposium.org> in attendance similar to past years.
  • Cold pot luck, drinks will be supplied.

Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda

  • Business Continuity Plan (Panic book revision)
    • Need to know whether or not tuxbis will be virtualized.
    • Scott has a recipe for this (blueprint)
    • RGB: should fire up 2nd v20z and install identical O/S for reference.

Update on action items from last Board meeting

  • Thank Cody.

New business

Next board meeting: Wednesday June 25, 19:00, IRC

Meeting adjourned at 20:57.

Action items

  • Scott: Wait on Shopify new space for UGC.
  • Scott may defer UGC web site to Brenda
  • Scott will actually request payment for UGC domain.
  • Scott will update media about next meeting and volunteer time and LitW.
  • RGB to ask Scott for wiki access update.
  • RGB still needs to ask for L3GO web site (wardi) and mailing list (Scott) from OCLUG.
  • RGB to submit expenses for corporation status updates from the Ontario Government.
  • Aaron to change to monthly statements?
  • Scott can send a scan of updates from AGM to RGB.
  • RGB will send update to board of director's list to gov.on.ca
  • Soctt will talk to Kenn Hussey from Puppet Labs for a talk.
  • RGB: should fire up 2nd v20z and install identical O/S for reference.
  • RGB: make decision about Virt framework.
  • Scott: Thank Cody.