wiki:BoardMinutesNovember2013

Version 1 (modified by rgb, 5 months ago) (diff)

Initial posting of November 2013 minutes.

OCLUG Board meeting

Date: 2013-11-20, 19:00 EST(-5:00) Location: irc://irc.oftc.net/#oclug-board

Agenda

  • Approval of agenda
  • Approve Last Month's Board Meeting Minutes BoardMinutesAugust2013
  • Committees and events
    • User Group Connect
    • Volunteers
    • L3GO
  • Finance Report
  • Membership list
  • Government of Ontario "compliance? letter
  • Other Government of Ontario items?
  • Speaker pool/etc. (this is an issue with a lot of groups)
  • Other Business
  • Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda
  • Update on action items from last Board meeting
  • Upcoming meetings
  • Business arising from the Board meeting

Attendance

  • Richard Guy Briggs
  • Scott Murphy
  • Aaron Wilcox
  • Ian Gorman

AWOL

  • Cody Somerville

Approval of agenda

  • All in favour

Approve Last meeting's minutes

  • All in favour

Committees

  • User Group Connect
    • The web site updates are still pending. Scott will take care of that with tutorial assistance from Brenda. Scott has started learning some of what he needs to support it.
    • Renew the domain? Consensus is yes. $12/year.
    • Considering a next event: 3 months publicity lead time would be good. March? Late spring or early fall? Late spring is exam time. Early fall is good.
    • Shopify? Accessibility issues. No elevator. Will re-check.
    • Scott will get info and contacts for rest of committee from Rob.
  • Volunteers
    • Past 3 meetings, Aaron can't get there before 19:00
    • Ian can get there at 18:00. Has made a couple of contacts before meetings, nothing this last time.
    • It needs to be reliable before it will catch on.
    • Next meeting 18:00 on Thursday December 5th, @Shopify
    • Scott added sidebar to web site.
  • L3GO
    • The last meetings happened Monday Sept 9 (6?), Oct 14 (1), Nov 11 (2). We had a good conversation.
    • The next meeting is December 9th at Red Pepper Thai-Viet (434 Bank@Gladstone) for 18:30.
    • Web site? mailing list? More meeting notice? l3go.ca? l3go.org?
    • 7 days notice of reminder.
    • content: ?

Finance

  • 2013-07-09: $6193.08
  • Meeting at Alterna Bank Thursday August 29th @9:45, 112 Kent@Albert, Place de Ville, tower B, unit 106
  • Signatories were updated.
  • Aaron will contact bank about online access
  • Motion to cut cheque to RGB for hosting services for Tux for Feb 2013 and Feb 2014 at $200 each. All in favour.
  • Request from Aaron for domain registration items.

Membership list

  • No one remembers why this item was still on the agenda.

Government of Ontario "compliance? letter

  • RGB will fill out form and send in.

Other Government of Ontario items?

  • None known.

Speaker pool/etc. (this is an issue with a lot of groups)

  • Should have 3 lined up in case someone bails
  • Adrian said he's got a few things he could give some short talks on.
  • Adrian has been asked if Shopify has anyone to give a talk on their dashing tool.
  • alan dekok on freeradius?
  • Jamal Hadi Salim on FoRCES implementations in Linux?
  • Should still consider two levels of talks.
  • Photo SIG and tools are currently dormant.
  • Scott could do an overview of slide tools.
  • IanG might do regex presentation.
  • Ask MCR about local randomness people.

Review OclugBoardForwardAgenda

  • panic books
  • hosting fee

Update on action items from last Board meeting

  • Where's Cody? RGB sent LinkedIn? request.
  • Scott: UGC updates
  • RGB didn't need to bring a lapel mic since Shopify now has one.
  • Solicit a new board member (to replace Mike/Rob?).

Meeting adjourned at 21:55.

Action items

  • Scott will update UGC web site once he learns tools
  • Scott will renew UGC domain.
  • Scott/Ian? will re-check accessibility with Shopify.
  • Scott will get UGC info and contacts for rest of committee from Rob.
  • Ian will get to monthly meetings at 18:00 to present a consistent presence.
  • RGB will send a L3GO notice out 7 days before meeting.
  • Aaron will contact bank about online access
  • Aaron will cut two cheques for RGB for hosting, sign and deliver at next regular meeting.
  • All: Give Aaron domain registration invoices.
  • RGB will fill out form and send in government compliance form.
  • RGB will contact A. deKok and Jamal about talks, MCR about randomness people.
  • Scott will look at slide tools and an Asterix update.
  • IanG: regex talk
  • Scott will contact Cody.
  • Mention board and elections at next meeting, including filling vacancy.