Linux in the Wild 2010
It will be held on Sunday, July 18, 2010, noon til 2 PM at Strathcona Park (Look for the penguins).
Important note: LITW is a potluck picnic this year.
Previous LITW events have been held at Vincent Massey Park but this year they can offer fewer amenities since they are under renovation. Since they've doubled their fee for this priviledge, we're seeking an alternate venue.
Volunteers for the event would be greatly appreciated. The more, the merrier. Every little bit helps. No amount is too small.
If you would like to help out, please add your name to the Volunteers list below, stating what you will help out with. Duties to be assigned:
- Helping with setup/cleanup (as many as we can get)
- "Linux Ambassadors" to answer any questions from passers-by
- Anything else you want to do
Here are the people who have volunteered so far:
If you are interested in volunteering, login and add yourself to the list above or contact Eric Brackenbury (eric "dot" brackenbury "at" gmail "dot" com).
If you are interested in coming, please login and add yourself to the list below.
These regulations are designed to protect the property and ensure public safety. The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Consuming, serving or selling alcoholic beverages
- Lighting fires
- Selling, advertising and / or displaying any goods or wares or merchandising or carrying on any commercial activity
- Having drugs, firearms or explosives in your possession
- Bringing an animal in the park
- Operating motorized vehicles on the recreational pathways and / or the grass
- Running MS Operating Systems :-)